Candle Care & Safety
* Never leave an open flame unattended *
1. EXTINGUISH flame if it comes too close to the holder or container.
2. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when about 1/4" wax remains in the container.
3. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
4. Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
5. Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and air currents.
6. Please track your orders and bring packages inside as soon as possible to avoid prolonged exposure to heat.
How long should I burn my candle?
Burn 3-4 hours allowing the wax to liquefy across the top. Do not burn up all of the wax in the bowl. Simply use a spoon to remove any remaining residue.
What length should I keep my wicks?
To enjoy maximum burn time keep wicks trimmed to less than 1/4” at all times. The shorter the flame, the longer the burn time.
How do I clean the bowl after I've burned the candle?
Wash your bowl with your favorite Dish-washing liquid and it will be ready to reuse however you desire. You can also use a hair dryer to melt the left over wax and wipe away with a paper towel.
What causes candles to smoke?
My candle has burned a hole down the middle and will not relight. Can this be fixed?
A hole may form if the candle has been repeatedly extinguished before the wax has liquefied all the way across the top layer. Candles must be burned for at least 3 to 4 hours to allow the wax to completely liquefy across the top. If you burn the candle for only a short period each day, you will create a ring or small well of wax that does not extend to the edge of the glass. Over time, this will burn a hole down the middle of the candle. To repair the candle, use a spoon to remove the wax until the wax level is at least a 1/4 inch below the wick. If you plan to burn the candle longer than 3 to 4 hours, just trim the wick and relight.
All highly fragranced candles will smoke if the candle is not properly maintained while burning. By simply keeping your wick trimmed to a short 1/4 inch length you will avoid smoking and black residue on the side of the glass. Proper maintenance will also increase your burn time and preserve the purity of the fragrance.